Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day 2009

The greatest ripple of our century.

I kind of overslept, but not so much that I missed President Obama's speech. I woke up just as Vice President Biden was being sworn into office. I arose in time to watch W fly away and see the new president sworn in and give his speech. I dashed down the stairs to log in and find a way to connect with others, but didn't want to miss a moment, so first thing I did was hunt down a live broadcast.

Gotta love facebook. They teamed with CNN to bring both the live broadcast and the interactivity of the net together. I sat mesmerized as the comments flew past. Many simply stating they were watching the inauguration. Many exuding the joy of this day and sadly, even a few haters leaked through. (Honestly don't know how the joy did not manage to ripple in their direction....but let's hope it finds a way) This was a ripple felt around the world. And a proud day for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment